How DataChef helped Royal FrieslandCampina with building its data platform (SourceOne)
Who is Royal FrieslandCampina?
Royal FrieslandCompina (RFC) is the world’s largest dairy cooperative, with over 11.5 billion USD in annual revenue. It produces dairy-based beverages, cheeses, desserts, and infant and sports nutrition products. These products are sold in more than 100 countries.
Since 2015, FrieslandCampina has started moving its applications to AWS to support its data-driven decision-making.
Why were we there?
For better decision-making, RFC built a data platform called SourceOne on the AWS Cloud. The platform stores and processes internal data from sources such as SAP and external data from sources including social media websites and point-of-sale systems.
DataChef joined RFC in achieving this goal by helping them set in place measures for a successful data lake formation.
We helped Royal FrieslandCampina by:
- Integrating S3 DataLakes with SourceOne (RFC’s data platform)
- Optimizing Redshift Clusters to allow data consumers to run their queries more efficiently
- Implementing scalable measures to ensure availability of data warehouses
The Impact We Made
- Doubling the data-querying capabilities (100k+ per day) without service changes
- Enabling RFC to move towards data-driven business operations
- Saving on costs by optimization of the Redshift Cluster